Saturday, October 20, 2012

C4T #2 October



October

For the month of October I have received new teacher's blogs to follow to learn the importance of blogging in education.

The first week, I am assigned to Brian Crosby's blog, Learning is Messy. This post is about LAUSD and how it is considering to make art education a core subject. This is the actually article from Southern California Public radio: "The LA Unified school board will vote one a measure Tuesday that would make arts education a "core subject," prohibit further cuts to arts, and ultimately restore some money to arts programs." He says hopefully there is some form of common sense returning to the education system and hopefully it will become the norm for the United States.

I commented on this post explaining who I was and how I thought it was important also. I also hope that California will lead the way for other states.

The second post I was assigned to on his blog was a video in the Neno,Nevada of pilots launching and landing their body kites. Mr. Crosby and his wife saw this while they were on a walk. It had nothing really to do with education; but it was kind of cool to watch.

I commented on the post about the video. I said that would be fun to try and how beautiful the scenery looked, all the fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment