Sunday, October 7, 2012

C4K #1 Summary September

 Learning Power

I have the privilege to follow Mr. Anthony Capps's third grade classroom at Gulf Shores Elementary for the month of September.

This week I was assigned to the Language Arts section of the blog.
On this weeks post, students are asked to write a description about how they pictured Inez when her grandmother gave her some birthday money and when she looked at the price tag of the camera she wanted.

In my comment, I explained who I was and how I was creating a blog for my EDM 310 class to help me in my future classroom. I told them to keep up the good work. And that I looked forward to seeing their posts each week.

The week of September 24, I was assigned to his mathematics section of the blog and the fifth post. On this post, he breaks it down into four different subtopics. The first one is reflection were he explains how the math assessment he gives his students are different than what he and I use to take with pencils, paper, and math problems. His tests are very interactive and it tests several different aspects of math like counting and multiplying by tens and using money. The second one is notes were he talks about what he sees and how he collects data in the classroom on students strengths and weaknesses. The third is an announcement to the parents. Lastly is the thank you section were he thanks his students who helped in the classroom and what they did.

In my comment, I explained who I was again and how I really enjoyed the change in assessment he has made in his classroom. I liked how he had four different sections and pictures to show the parents what the students have been learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment