Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog Post #4





 Podcast

How to Create a Podcast from Judy Scharf's "What is a Podcast?" is a video and post that explains what a podcast is. I chose this video because I have heard of a podcast before but have never used one. The post explains that it is a radio style talk show. It tells us that you can listen to it from your computer,MP3, or download. The video explains how to create a podcast, edit, and to put it on the internet. I found this video and post very informative for someone like me who has never used a podcast before.

Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom by Joe Dale was a video on his blog where he explains the benefits of podcasting. In the video he tells how it is an effective way for teachers to interact with students outside of the classroom. He says podcasting are also a benefit to students because students are able to listen to assignments anywhere and anytime. By having students preform podcasts, teachers are allowing their students to use creativity and their communication skills. He also talks about the challenges that happen when students are absent for a period of time but with podcasts it can solve this problem in the classroom. Students and parents are able to get the assignments so they will not be too far behind.

I found this video very informational. I think that it is a great idea to have podcasts for students that are absent so that the parents and students are informed about the work and lessons that they have missed. I think that podcasts are a great way for teachers and students to be creative.


Langwitches' Flat Stanley Podcast was a post on her blog which was a podcast. She had her students read as a group the book Flat Stanley. I really loved this because you could hear all the student and their excitement they had for reading. I think by making this assignment a podcast the student have something new to look forward to. I liked reading as a group more than every other one where she had each student read their own line because this way it doesn't put pressure on one student.I really liked this activity for students.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kelsey!
    I just want to start off by saying that I loved your Google presentation! I also love being on the water!
    You made some very valid statements in your post about podcasting. I also believe that podcasting is very beneficial in the classroom. Not only does it add another dimension to teaching, but also helps students who are absent not fall behind. Lets face it not every teacher is going to have perfect attendance every day of the entire school year.
    I only found a couple of grammatical errors in your post. I saw some places before conjunctions that could have used a comma. I also thought you should have clarified who "Langwitches" actually is. People who are unfamiliar with who she is would have been lost while reading your paragraph.
    I think you did a great job with a couple of exceptions! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "He says podcasting are also a benefit " A tense problem. Either write podcasting is... or podcasts are.. Podcasting is singular; podcasts plural.

    "...students preform ..." perform not preform

    "...hear all the student and their excitement ..." students not student

    "...one student.I really liked..." You need a space after the period.

    Interesting. Proofreading is a necessity!

    ReplyDelete